The rising cost of living means everyone could use a bit of help. If you are unemployed or on benefits then you may be able to claim free school meals for your child(ren).
The main benefit for claiming free school meals is a lunch entitlement of up to £2.40 per day. Schools are also given additional funding, by the government, for every child who receives free school meals. We then use this additional funding to improve education for all our students.
Your child(ren) may be able to claim Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply for Free School meals or for any for further information please visit https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals.
Applying online is quick and easy to do; you will receive notification of your eligibility immediately.
You only need to apply if your child is NOT currently in receipt of Free School Meals. If your child is already eligible they will remain eligible until they finish secondary school.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact: email@example.com
Mr Simon Jones, Assistant Principal