Curriculum at Bristol Brunel Academy
Our curriculum is conversant with our vision of a learning experience which ‘improves life chances for our community’. This vision (and its influences) is outlined further in our curriculum vision statement.
At Key Stage 4 we currently offer 3 year courses. Our reasoning for this is as follows:
- The time allocated allows subject specialists to explore their subjects in more breadth.
- Year 9, in many subjects, permits time for skill and knowledge building
- Students are able to follow subjects appropriate to their chosen pathway
Our current Key Stage 4 (Years 9 – 11) curriculum is divided in the following way:
|PSHE including Religious Education||1|
Please follow this link for more information on:
We have recently reviewed whether to offer options in year 8 or 9. The key reason for this review is due to changes nationally to the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework, which came into effect in September 2019. We have decided to now offer options in year 9.
Please see the link for more information:
Our current Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9) curriculum is underpinned by the central Cabot Learning Federation curriculum. This partnership has been helpful in ensuring the following:
- Collaborative curriculum planning to ensure appropriate subject content
- Standardised assessment which helps to inform future planning and development
- Wider thinking around curriculum development
- (NB – We are currently re –modelling our curriculum at Key Stage 3 with the following rationale):
- Ensuring equity across a variety of subject areas for all of our learners
- Responding to the wider needs of the academy
For further information regarding our curriculum, please contact: Simon.Jones@clf.uk
Simon Jones, Assistant Principal