Curriculum at Bristol Brunel Academy
Our curriculum is conversant with our vision of a learning experience which ‘improves life chances for our community’. This vision (and its influences) is outlined further in our curriculum vision statement.
At Key Stage 4 we offer 3 year courses. Our reasoning for this is as follows:
- The time allocated allows subject specialists to explore their subjects in more breadth.
- Year 9, in many subjects, permits time for skill and knowledge building
- Students are able to follow subjects appropriate to their chosen pathway
Our Key Stage 4 (Years 9 – 11) curriculum is divided in the following way:
|PSHE including Religious Education||1|
Please follow this link for more information on:
Students in year 8 are given personalised support in selecting their options. The following rationale apply:
- Pathways should be personalised to ensure ‘life chances’ for all of our learners
- The breadth of study should be broad for all students
Our Key Stage 3 (Years 7 and 8) curriculum is underpinned by the central Cabot Learning Federation curriculum. This partnership has been helpful in ensuring the following:
- Collaborative curriculum planning to ensure appropriate subject content
- Standardised assessment which helps to inform future planning and development
- Wider thinking around curriculum development.
(NB – We are currently re –modelling our curriculum at Key Stage 3 with the following rationale):
- Ensuring equity across a variety of subject areas for all of our learners
- Responding to the wider needs of the academy
For further information regarding our curriculum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Jones, Assistant Principal