Feeling confident that you are getting the best Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) is really important. At Brunel we couldn't agree more. That is why we employ our own full-time, Careers & Employability Coach to work with all students in the Academy. Their role is to provide impartial, objective advice and information to young people, and their parents, about the different pathways open to young people as they progress through their schooling. You can find the Careers Adviser, Craig Jordan, on the First Floor outside the Staff Room.
Find out more information using the links below:
- Bristol Brunel Academy strives to ensure all students become happy, free thinking, resilient, self-aware, knowledgeable and employable.
- Bristol Brunel Academy students are provided with meaningful interactions with Employers and Learning Providers to help them understand the world of work and lifelong learning.
- A variety of opportunities, to research ideas and make informed decisions, are presented through the curriculum and at extra curricular events and parents evenings.
- Bristol Brunel Academy students have received impartial and objective information, advice and Career Guidance at the relevant key points on their educational journey; as a result students make a successful start in their chosen occupations and move on towards rewarding work and education.
What can the BBA Careers Programme do for me?
- Careers Education embedded across the curriculum, Information from a wide range of sources and 1:1 Personal Career Guidance can help to raise the aspirations of young people and support them to make informed choices about education and training options.
- Careers information, advice and guidance will be offered to all students from year 7– 11 this is to make sure that all students access the support they need at all their key decision points.
- Introduce students to the world of work, post 16 years and post 18 years options, by inviting external organisations into the Academy to meet with students and offer information, advice and mentoring. Thereby supporting students to research their ideas and understand how their studies relate to the world of work and ensure informed decisions towards realising their future success.
- Signposting to external agencies and useful Websites to allow students to gain advice and guidance from a wide range of impartial and objective sources e.g. National Careers Service, Career Pilot, local Colleges and Training Providers as well as Universities and Employers.
High Quality Career Guidance
What does this look like?
- Collaboration with outside agencies/partners will enable capacity building and brokerage. Whole staff team approach enables students to understand their part in the wider community, and learn how to successfully join the labour market.
- Good quality, up to date, labour market intelligence for students to access.
- Careers and Employability Coach; actively encouraged by senior leadership team to remain impartial and objective when offering advice and individual Career Guidance.
- The right support, at the right time, when choosing subjects, courses, Apprenticeships and places of study.
Careers throughout BBA
For more information about the Careers Programme, please click here.
If you would like any more information please contact: Craig Jordan, Careers and Employability Coach via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0117 3772700.
Bristol Brunel Academy welcomes requests from Businesses, Employers, Higher Education, Further Education, and Training Providers to meet with our Students for the purposes of inspiring students to believe in themselves, to support students to achieve outstanding results and to advise students on how to become successful members of the local, national and international community.
Examples of meaningful opportunities for students might include, but are not restricted to:
- Guest speakers who are industry specialists.
- Careers and Employability lessons
- Attendance of local post 16 providers at key parents/support evenings.
- “Pop up shops” (informal lunchtime information and advice stands)
- Career Club (lunchtime and after school help and support)
- House Team / Extra Curricular activities
- Staff professional development
- All staff INSET/Conference day workshops
Bristol Brunel Academy is a large, successful and modern Academy where a traditional curriculum and pathways ensure that students achieve well in all subjects; opening doors to their future. The highest expectations and standards create a professional and purposeful atmosphere that supports and inspires all students to achieve. Outstanding pastoral care removes barriers to learning and supports students to develop personally into individuals that make significant contributions to their community and beyond.
If your organisation is keen to be involved please fill in our “contact us form” and return via email to: Craig.Jordan@bba.bristol.sch.uk.
We look forward to hearing from you.