We currently have a vacancy for an Academy Councillor and you are very welcome to put your name forward should you wish to stand for election.
Much like a Governing Body, the Academy Council’s role is to ensure your children learn in a safe environment and to the maximum of their ability.
All parents and carers are eligible to stand for election, except:
- Persons liable to be detained under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Undischarged bankrupts
- Persons recently convicted of a serious offence
- Persons disqualified under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986
- Persons subject to disqualification as a Charity Trustee
- Persons whose employment is prohibited or restricted
- Persons disqualified from being proprietors of independent schools
- Persons banned from working with children
If you would like to put your name forward, please complete the tear-off slip at the foot of the letter emailed to all parents and carers on 10thDecember, and return it to the Academy by Friday, 8 January 2021. If you do not have a copy of the letter, or would like more information on the vacancy, please contact the Clerk to Council, Charlotte Seavill at firstname.lastname@example.org